Inspired by the successful Walk to Work Week jaunts around the site in May 2011, we have introduced a monthly social lunchtime stroll for those who would like to find out more about the local area whilst stretching your legs and increasing your stride count. Each walk has a specific point of interest en-route and take between 60-90 minutes.
The specific monthly walks will be advertised on the Events listing and usually take place on the third Wednesday each month leaving reception at 12:15 promptly unless otherwise advised. Please wear suitable clothing and footwear according to the weather.
List of suggested walks with index referring to the google map :
- [#9] the heath area to the north of Tesco’s & behind Martlesham Community Centre, approx 2.5 miles
- [#8] old runway remains at the back of Martlesham Heath approx 3 miles
- [#7] Long Strops and Grange Farm to admire the Computing Memorial (well worth a visit sometime to read the details), approx. 2.2 miles
- [#6] Martlesham Heath woodlands* (to south of estate), 1.5 miles
- [#5] Woodland behind Police HQ* & Martlesham Heath Aviation Society, 2.5 miles
- [#4] Walk Farm wood* near to the RSPCA / behind Tesco’s 2 miles
- [#3] Walk round the outside perimeter of Adastral Park, 2.5 miles
- [#2] Walk round the inside perimeter of Adastral Park, 1.5 miles, including…
- [#1] Walk through the woodland nature trail on site, 0.5 miles
*includes a Geo-cache point
Other local walking options for you to consider:
- Suffolk Ramblers
- Live Well Suffolk, health walks
- Ipswich blue badge guided walks
- Ipswich walking Ghost tour
Your own recommended local walks can be added too. If you are interested to find out more please contact Andrew Cassy or call 01473 628023.