This months social lunchtime walk is the first of two visits by special arrangement to the Martlesham Heath Aviation Society Control Tower Museum.
Leaving from outside Adastral Park Reception promptly at 12:15, we shall have a brisk walk across the heath to the museum where they have opened especially for our group. Volunteers will be on hand to give an overview presentation with time to view the exhibits before returning after an hour or however long you can stay.
NB. this event is free but donations would be most welcome for this local history charity which has strong connections with the Adastral Park site.
List of forthcoming and previous walks walks (shown on google map):
- December – evening ghost walk around Ipswich, subject to demand, date to be confirmed
- 16 Nov – Second visit by special arrangement to the MHAS control tower museum
- 12 Oct – Visit by special arrangement to the MHAS control tower museum
- 21 Sept – Walk round the outside perimeter of the site, approx 2.5miles
- 17 Aug – Martlesham Heath woodlands* (to south of estate), 1.5 miles
- 20 July – Woodland by police HQ*, 2.5 miles
- 29 June – Walk Farm wood* near to the RSPCA / behind Tesco’s 2 miles
- 13 May – Walk round the outside perimeter of Adastral Park, 2.5 miles
- 11 May – Walk round the inside perimeter of Adastral Park, 1.5 miles
*includes a Geo-cache point
Future destinations depending on interest include: Long Stopps and a historic walk around Ipswich (early evening in the Spring) – let us know of any other local walks we could do.
If you are interested to find out more, or have other suggestions, please contact Andrew Cassy by email Adastral.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01473 628023.