The BT energy & carbon team will be hosting a lunchtime energy pedal power event in the Hub on Wed 27 June and we need your help to get involved. Over half of respondents to the 2011/12 Care surveys are already doing their bit to help save BT’s energy.
Adastral Park is one of the top 5 sponsored energy reduction sites in the UK. Your engagement will really help drive awareness of and participation in energy saving initiatives, which will support our 9.72% energy reduction challenge and be a big contribution towards BT’s overall 3% business-wide energy reduction target for 2012/13.
Everyone at Adastral Park can help by doing one or more of the following:
- visit the energy saving stand in the Hub to find out more and register your energy saving ideas
- have some fun with the pedal power challenge by going on a power generating bike to see how much energy you can produce and race scalextrix cars around a track
- encouraging people in your office to save energy
- report energy related faults to the helpline – 0800 223388
- BT people can register to become energy champions – are people who have voluntarily signed up to help reinforce the importance of good energy saving behaviours with their colleagues
There will also be an opportunity for registered energy champions to have a round table ‘Town Hall’ discussion with senior managers to discuss the issues and opportunities in achieving such a target. BT people can use this Energy Champions link to register and be invited to attend the meeting.