National sharing day is a chance to find out how sharing and collaborative consumption can contribute to a more sustainable social economy.
Collaborative Consumption describes the rapid explosion in swapping, sharing, bartering, trading and renting being reinvented through the latest technologies and peer-to-peer marketplaces in ways and on a scale never possible before
Pop along to the Hub over lunchtime to find out more with examples of sharing including :
- Ecomodo – join the ‘Adastral Park’ sharing circle, and see what Andrew has available to share!
- Whipcar – to see how you can rent out your own vehicle when not in use
- LiftShare – can halve your fuel bill
- Ebay – extend the life of unwanted goods
- schwopping – clothes swapping, such as M&S and others are now doing
- and other examples.
Join the knowledge call at 1.30-2pm to find out more with the founder of Ecomodo to explain how it all works and be of benefit to you, society and the environment. Email Andrew Cassy for call details.