Quintiles will be undertaking free health checks and cholesterol test on behalf of the NHS for people based at Adastral Park on 18-22 March in Conference Room 1, Antares Building, subject to the following conditions;
- You are aged 40 – 74 (inclusive).
- You are registered with a GP based in Suffolk or are a resident in Suffolk.
- You have not had an NHS Health Check within the last 5 years.
- You are not taking medication for; diabetes, heart disease or heart failure, atrial fibrillation, stroke or TIA, kidney disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol or arterial disease.
The health check consists of the following:
- Weight, height measurements
- Calculation of BMI
- Blood pressure tests
- Blood tests for cholesterol & glucose
- Personal & family medical history
- Lifestyle assessments – smoking, alcohol, diet and exercise
- Calculation of CVD risk score
- Communication of results and advice to patient
- Referral to GP or emergency services
- Referral to lifestyle programmes
Please refer to Latest News at Adastral Park – February 2013 e-mail for links to book appointment times.
In addition, LiveWell Suffolk will be available on the following times/dates to offer free support and advise on healthy lifestyle issues such as, quitting smoking, losing weight, healthy eating, getting more active and more;
Monday 18 March – 11.00-15.00
Wednesday 20 March – 09.30-12.00
Friday 22 March – 09.30-12.00
If you have any questions, please e-mail Carol Frost.