Innovation Martlesham, in association with East Suffolk Council would like to invite you to another knowledge sharing event
Tuesday 21st May 2019 9:30am – 11:30pm Ross Building Foyer, Adastral Park
with Guest Speakers:
Andy Rayner, CTO Nevion
Mark Fisher, Procurement East Suffolk County Council
Darren Lewis, Head of BT Accelerator
Karen Isaac, BT Account Manager for EXFO
Attendees of this event will benefit from the knowledge Innovation Martlesham (IM) has gained from working with over a hundred companies who are part of the IM cluster at Adastral Park, Ipswich, UK.
A well known and successful sales director would always say to the new person in the sales team - 'to achieve sales targets you need to know your customer'. In others words - to have a healthy flow of orders you need to understand how your target organisation works and the associated processes that can be engaged with so you can be part of the procurement process on an ongoing basis. To give a flavour how different organisations procure we have speakers from an SME, a Government Organisation and a Big Corporate that will explain what goes on behind closed doors in their organisations and give indications on how best to engage with similar entities.
Andy Rayner – Nevion a tech SME
• How would you compare procurement in an SME with a major corporate
• Do you have preferred suppliers and how do you select them
• As an SME how do you engage with new suppliers that are relevant to you.
• What advice would you give a company who wants to sell to SMEs.
Mark Fisher – East Suffolk Council
• What is a typical local government procurement process
• How does a potential supplier find out about what government agencies are looking for
• Is there a basic criteria that government suppliers need to ensure their company has attained
• How can I promote my brand to Government agencies
Darren Lewis – BT Accelerator
• Are there different ways a supplier can get into corporates like BT
• What are the key elements of a supply proposal that a corporate would look for
• Corporates are big organisations so is there a function a supplier should focus on
• So how can I be a supplier to BT
Karen Isaac – EXFO Account Manager into BT
• How I got into sales
• The importance of knowing your customer
• Putting a compelling proposal together
• My 3 key secrets to successful selling
ABOUT INNOVATION MARTLESHAM
Innovation Martlesham is an established cluster of high-tech ICT companies located at Adastral Park. Besides being home to a diverse range of large, medium and small companies, Innovation Martlesham is a ‘collaborative ecosystem’ for technology companies. It provides physical office accommodation and a virtual membership called the Business Club to support the demand from businesses and hosts networking opportunities and events has a Business Support Function and a Mentor Group and an ICT Business Incubator and Accelerator. For more information please visit: http://innovationmartlesham.com/
PLACES TO ALL EVENTS ARE LIMITED AND ATTENDANCE IS BY REGISTRATION ONLY
Please register by contacting Jim Milne