You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Events’ tag.
‘Put yourself in my shoes’ is the strapline for this years campaign, focusing on changing attitudes, so others can understand what life is like for those with, and caring for, Parkinsons.
Visit the stall for information and advice about Parkinsons, the BT Able2 network for those with disabilities, our local ‘Movers & Shakers’ group as well as the national Brain Bank scheme. Watch this short video to find out what Parkinsons is and how it affects people.
Get ready for Bike Week and visit the Hub area from 11am – 2pm on Thursday 14th June
- try a new bike – Electric, Recumbent, Mountain, Fold Away, Road, Multi Track, Hybrids, Tandems from several of the local shops including: Elmy’s, LEV JustEbikes, Pedal Power, Thomas’ Cycle Revolution, and more
- find out how to maintain your own bike and ask the Bike Doctor for a prognosis or health check
- discuss cycling touring with Suffolk CTC and national campaigns with Sustrans
- launch of the new guided commute route scheme – arrange to meet our friendly bike buddies from key locations around Ipswich and east Suffolk for the best routes and advice on getting to Adastral Park with the Bike User Group
- earn £1 per mile for charity for all your bike rides (runs and walks) with the Samsung Hope Relay smartphone app in the run up to the 2012 Games
- get details on the public family cycle day event taking place at Port of Felixstowe on Sun 17 June
- sign up to join our Chain Gang team for the SCC business bike week challenge
- Ipswich Cycle Maps, hi-vis jackets, t-shirts, water bottles to give away courtesy of SCC Fresh Ways to Work
- and lots more…. join us on the day
Further details available on the AP BUG Web site www.apbug.org.uk
Our next social lunchtime walk will be on Weds 21 March to the heath area round the back of Tesco’s and Martlesham community hall. Quite short walk of 2.5 miles which should take about an hour. See our walkings website and map for details of suggested walks.
We are also considering arranging an evening social walk in Ipswich on the guided ghost tour. To assess interest in this for a possible private tour later in March or April I would welcome your response to the short survey form as detailed below.
Ipswich Ghost Tour (on foot)
We are thinking of organising an evening social fun walk around Ipswich with the ‘original Gemini Ghost Tour’ and would like to gauge your interest for a private party, family & friends welcome.
This is a two hour leisurely, fun and informative stroll through Ipswich which the website boasts ‘there will be parts of Ipswich that people really won’t know existed’.
If we can get more than ten people interested we can arrange our own date and benefit from a slightly reduced rate of £4.50 per person (children included, note some stops do go in to pub bars where children are allowed as part of the tour group).
Alternatively, you can attend these regular monthly walks with the public groups on the 1st Thursday in each month, starting at 8pm outside the Tourist Information Centre, St Stephens Lane, Ipswich. The normal charge is £5.
Please register your interest for a BT social group tour, without commitment at this stage, via this short survey form so we can gauge the popularity and best date(s) later in March or early April for a most spook-tacular evening out.